Try Spotlight Cloud
- Using your web browser, go to https://www.spotlightcloud.io
- Click Try Spotlight Cloud Pro.
This will open the web page to create a Quest account.
Create a Quest account
- Enter your name and email address in the spaces provided.
- Supply a password.
- Select the country you reside in.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Sign up.
Look out for an email from email@example.com.
Verify your email address
You will receive a verification email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- Open the email when it arrives.
- Do one of the following:
- The email contains a verification code. Return to the web browser, enter the verification code and click Verify Email Address.
- Click the Verify Email Address link in the email.
The link to verify your email address will expire in 48 hours if no action is taken.
This will open the web page to welcome you to Spotlight Cloud.
Welcome to Spotlight Cloud
Congratulations. Your new Quest account is ready.
Click Explore Sample Data to explore Spotlight Cloud capabilities with sample data. Use sample data to try out Spotlight Cloud monitoring and diagnostic features pre-populated with data without adding your own connections and configurations.
Click Set up your data to use Spotlight Cloud to monitor your own server connections. To setup connections on a Spotlight Cloud subscription for SQL Server, you will need to install the Spotlight Cloud Diagnostic Server application on a Windows server (on-premise or in the cloud) with access to your SQL Server environment. Spotlight Cloud collects monitoring performance data from your server connections via the server component of this application. Your Quest account is used to upload the performance data for analysis at spotlightcloud.io. For further instructions, see install the Spotlight Cloud Diagnostic Server application.