All members of an organization
- Can sign in to the Spotlight Cloud web site and/or Spotlight Cloud Mobile to see the same monitoring data.
- Can sign in to the Spotlight Cloud web site to manage the organization’s account settings. This includes the ability to invite other users to join the organization and manage billing and subscriptions. See How to Manage your organization’s account settings.
- Can sign in to the locally installed Spotlight Cloud Diagnostic Server App to configure the Spotlight Cloud Diagnostic Server and monitoring settings such as for alarms and alarm actions and to add and remove monitored connections. See the Spotlight Cloud Diagnostic Server App.
How to invite a new member to join the organization
- Direct your web browser to https://app.spotlightcloud.io.
- If you see a link in the top right corner of the Spotlight web site then sign in using your Quest account.
Click on your profile icon (top right screen corner) and select Account Settings.
Your Account Settings | Your Profile screen opens. From the left panel, click People.
From the People page, click Invite Member.
This opens a dialog for you to enter the email addresses of people you wish to invite. When entering multiple email addresses, separate each address with a comma.
Click Send Invitation.
The invitation is valid for 48 hours. It expires if no action is taken. An expired invitation can be resent.
Verify invitation status / Re-send an invite
The table in the middle of the People page lists the email addresses of each of the members of the organization and either the date they joined or their invitation status. Verify that the email address for each invitation you have just sent is now listed on the People page with invitation status Pending Invite.
|Pending Invite||An invitation has been sent to this email address so they may join the organization. The invitation has not yet been accepted.|
|Invitation Expired||The invitation has expired. The invitation is valid for 48 hours from the time it is sent. Click the button to resend the invite.|
If your organization has many members then use the search facility at the top of the page to search the email addresses for matching text.
How to accept an invitation to join an organization
Learn more about How to accept an invitation to join an organization.